In my time with God each day I’ve been enjoying walking slowly through Psalm 119. I guess I’ve never realized how truly instructive this portion of Scripture is. So, to demonstrate this, here are the prayers of this psalm that I believe will be most helpful to my prayer life:
- Psalm 119:18 – Open my eyes, that I may behold
wondrous things out of your law.
- v.34 – Give me understanding, that I may keep your law
and observe it with my whole heart.
- vv. 36-37 – Incline my heart to your testimonies,
and not to selfish gain!
Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and give me life in your ways.
- v. 76 – Let your steadfast love comfort me
according to your promise to your servant.
- v. 88 – In your steadfast love give me life,
that I may keep the testimonies of your mouth.
- vv. 132-133 – Turn to me and be gracious to me,
as is your way with those who love your name.
Keep steady my steps according to your promise,
and let no iniquity get dominion over me.