The following is a suggestion taken from The Village Church’s Summer Family Activity Book for how to use July 4th to celebrate the gospel.
Find a place to watch fireworks or buy sparklers to light together. As you
enjoy the festivities and celebrate the freedom of our nation, talk about the
greater freedom God’s children have been given in Jesus.
• What do you celebrate on July 4?
• What do you know about America’s freedom? Why do we celebrate it?
• What is the opposite of being free?
Together, read Romans 8:1-2.
• Are there any words in these verses that you do not recognize
• What kind of freedom is being described here?
• How are God’s children set free from sin and death?
• How can you celebrate the freedom that comes by loving and
Praise God together for the freedom given from sin through Jesus’ death